White Butcher Paper Permanent Markers (Black and Red) Tape
1) Place a piece of the butcher paper on the wall, long enough to encompass the client's full body. Use tape to make it stay on the wall, placing the paper no higher than the client's head.
2) Have the client take the black marker and draw the outline of the body that she thinks she has.
3) Have the client stand back and reflect on what she drew as an outline. Ask, "What do you see?"
4) Next, have the client stand back facing the wall and over the outline she already created, use another color marker (red) and outline her actual body (as close to the actual body size and proportion as possible - you may have to ask for permission from the client because you will be touching her at times with the marker).
5) Have the client stand back and reflect on the differences from what she drew, and what her actual body-size is.